Which is a better memory foam or gel mattress topper? 0
Mattress toppers are just a luxurious, comfortable yet supportive add on to your mattress. There are so many different options out there to choose the best one for your bed. The best mattress topper depends totally on your personal preferences, the body type you have and most importantly your sleeping style. Each mattress topper has its own pros and cons.
Down here I would be discussing the comparison between the memory foam and gel mattress topper.
Difference between memory foam and gel mattress topper
The major difference between the two is the material they are made. A memory foam topper is made from viscoelastic material. Whereas a gel mattress topper is also made out of viscoelastic material but its infused with gel which assists you to sleep cooler and relieves pressure.
What is memory foam mattress topper?
As you know memory foam toppers are made from viscoelastic material which easily conforms to the contours of the body according to the temperature and weight. Memory foam topper is a great alternative to an expensive mattress, as it keeps your spine and neck aligned and take your body position to comfort you.
- A memory foam mattress topper is great of your experiencing any back pains or arthritis, as it properly supports your hips, spine, shoulders, and neck. It reduces the pain by minimizing the pressure on your pressure points.
- This topper lasts longer than the usual toppers.
- Memory foam mattress topper also tends to isolate movements if you are sharing your bed with a partner who is always turning and tossing around interrupting your sleep.
- A viscoelastic material is resistant to bacteria, mildew, and molds. So, it's likely to contain fewer allergens.
- Memory foam mattress toppers tend to release heat which relieves pain, but some people find it too hot to sleep on and have sleeping issues.
- Some of the memory foam toppers users do not find it great for sleeping, as it makes the temperature too high that people wake up with severe sweating and restrict the movement which sleepers’ dislikes.
What is a gel mattress topper?
A gel mattress topper is a mixture of gel and foam. The foam has been infused with gel to create a balance between comfort and support. Gel toppers are a bit like bouncers, as they get in to shape quickly as you get up. Gel mattress toppers are cooler to sleep on as compared to the regular memory foam mattress toppers.
- Gel foam mattress toppers keep you cooler while sleeping, as it dissipates the body temperature properly and thus gel infused in foam helps to retain heat and let your body temperature lower down.
- The gel in the gel foam tends to break down after a particular time period and this diminishes the cooling effect.
Memory foam and gel foam mattress toppers are the same except the cooling effect of memory foam. Is this the only difference both have if you prefer to sleep hot to relieve your pains than go for the regular memory foam topper and if you hate to sleep hot and like the cooling sensations to sleep than opt for the gel mattress topper.
5 Ways To Beautify Your Bedroom 0
A bedroom is a place that provides comfort and peace of mind. The bedroom should be able to provide a healthy and comfortable environment as it’s a place where you can relax, read and sleep. The design and decorations can have a lot of impact on the feeling of the bedroom. Here, in this article, I’m going to discuss several ways to beautify your bedroom.
Make Use Of Soft & Light Paint Shades
You can feel bright when you choose a soft and light color for your room, especially in summers. Light shades also give small rooms a clearer and dazzling look. Moreover, if you have small rooms in your house, then paint them with light and soft colors as makes them feel bigger. If you don’t have many lights in the room, then you should go for the lighter paint shades as dark colors will make the room look even darker.
Choose Right-Sized Bedroom Accessories
When you go shopping, it’s important to choose the right-sized furniture and accessories for the bedroom. The bed is the focal point, so it is important to choose its size carefully. You may find the king size bed attractive, but it may be too big for the room. You should choose a small bed with microfiber mattress topper for a smaller room so that there is enough to move around. If the bed is too big, then it will take over the whole room. Moreover, if the size of the furniture is too big, then it will also hinder circulation of air which can affect the environment.
Decide A Focal Point & Decorate Around It
The best way to style a bedroom is by choosing a focal point and decorate around it. In a bedroom, the focal point is the bed as it is the most important part of the room. You can create layers by adding a microfiber duvet. But there are other things such as walls or other furniture pieces that you can use as a focal point. If there are too many focal points in the room, then it can look cluttered. If the bedroom is creating a disorganized or busy look, then it can also affect your sleep more often make your swag with LivingSwag.
Avoid Putting Too Much Accessories
It is important to choose the furniture according to the size of the room. You should not put too many items in the bedroom because it can become crowded. Putting too many accessories in the room can make it look cluttered. Make sure that the room does not look disorganized. You should stand back and take a look at the room. You should check the size of the room before selecting the room decorations. If there is a piece of furniture that looks out of place, then you should remove it.
Use Rugs To Soften Hardwood Floors
It’s a fact that rugs look cool and add texture, personality and color to your bedroom. No doubt, wooden flooring looks attractive and offers you easy maintenance, but they lack the comfort. You can use rugs to add fun to your room. Decorate your space with rugs of varying fabrics and patterns or you can also add several rugs of the same pattern.